Thursday, September 17, 2009

A very special Birthday wish.

As many of you have noticed the characters on my blog have silly names. Names like "Mex", "Blonde" and "Midnight". These characters are all real live people, but in the interest of anonymity, have been given said silly names. One of them is having a very special day so I wanted to take a second to announce it.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BLONDE!!

May all your wishes come true. Tomorrow I will return to our regularly scheduled (or random) posting.

Eastern Girl

1 comment:

  1. Emich Girl,

    As I've gathered from your posts, you seem to be something of a fashion-minded individual. While I have the aspirations of joining the elite style forgers of the world, I'm having some problems simply understanding basic apparel.

    Shoes. I understand that they are perhaps the most versatile thing we wear, and yet, the ways in which we wear them can be oh, so confusing.

    I've been told that it is okay to wear shoes that do not match an outfit. On the other hand, when I see a person carrying a delightfully refreshing handbag with shoes that match, there is a tiny reflex in the back of my throat that makes me think I should discontinue my glance. Is this true? Are there things shoes should go with and things they should not?

    I've also noticed a sort of heel-envy that surrounds the formal shoe community. Is this indeed a ranking system? Is there a way to work one's way to the top? Or is this a natural ability that one may or may not be gifted with?

    Some people walk in skinny-spiked slippers on tiptoes with perfectly sculpted legs, while others... well, the walk turns otherwise cute footwear into what appears be a 20th century update on the Forrest Gump leg brace, sending the wearer stumbling toward chic rather than gliding in a dazzling mist of it. Is it ever okay to sacrifice the ability to walk for the appearance of a shoe?

    Please help to lift the ubiquitous mystery surrounding this podiatric tradition.

    -Manolo Clueless

    ReplyDelete